The New and Improved Student Visa Framework Visa’s 500, 590, 402, 485
The economic benefits of cultural diversity and continued immigration is contributing to the rich, vibrant suburban landscape of communities throughout Australia. The yearly influx of international students into Australia’s diverse educational environments including colleges and tertiary institutions is helping to improve racial and cultural understanding, enhance student satisfaction while supporting not only the growth of Australia’s education sector but a burgeoning, robust economy . With post-graduate opportunities for further study and work within your grasp through the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) and the Department of Immigration and Border Protections selection of Working visas, at Glorious Immigration we can guide you through the journey of studying and living in Australia. And as the Australian government heralds in the SSVF (simplified student visa framework), the process for studying in Australia has been streamlined in order to assist genuine students in navigating the visa process while supporting the Australian educational services sector. Notable changes include:
- A reduction in the number of student visa subclasses from eight to two.*
- The introduction of a simplified single immigration risk framework for all international students.*
- A more targeted approach to immigration integrity while creating a more balance playing field for all the various educational providers.*
- The SSVF has been developed to replace the existing streamlined visa processing and AL framework arrangements.*
- Students will no longer be required to apply for a specific student visa subclass – it is intended to streamline all subclasses into the one visa.*
- The new process will enable students to identify what documents they will be required to provide in support of their visa application by entering both their intended education provider and country of citizenship into an online tool.*
- Documentary evidence in support of a student’s financial and English language capacity will be determined by the immigration risk of both the student’s educational provider and country of citizenship.*
- The current eligibility criteria for the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa will not change.*
The team at Glorious Immigration will consult with you to determine the most appropriate visa for your specific circumstances and future goals.
As an international student, studying is only one aspect of this incredible adventure. Australia is a continent bursting with opportunities and activities that enable you to share your rich diverse cultural heritage both inside and outside of the classroom. Perhaps it’s immersing oneself in community outreach programs, or engaging in extracurricular activities that will help you to develop skill sets such as teamwork and leadership. Sharing your culture and skills with members of your local Australian community will help create memories that will support and empower you as you pursue your goals post-graduation.
If you wish to remain temporarily in Australia on completion of your studies, you may pursue either the Graduate Work stream or the Post-Study Work stream:
- The Graduate Work stream: Relevant to international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to occupations as listed in the Skilled Occupation List. A visa granted in this stream is usually for a period of 18 months.
- Post-Study Work stream: Offers extended options to eligible graduates of a higher education degree that intend to work in Australia. Under this stream a successful applicant is granted a visa of either two, three or four years’ duration, which correlates with the highest educational qualification they obtained.
Our team of registered migration agents can assist you as you pursue further education in Australia. Immerse yourself into Australian society, live, study, work and explore all the opportunities and adventures that Australia has to offer. From university life to sporting clubs, campus events to holidays allow Glorious Immigration to assist you as you embark on this life-changing experience. Enrich the lives of all of those that know you as you take your memories, qualifications, and skill sets back to your home or apply to continue your Australian adventure with the range of working visas available depending on your particular set of circumstances.